New Cosmetology School graduates are welcome!
MaJi Hair Design is looking for dedicated individuals that value personal and professional growth, teamwork, and a positive and supportive work environment in a supportive and dynamic salon environment.
MaJi Hair Design values education and provides opportunities for employees to attend continuous hands-on classes throughout their entire career at the salon. This means that employees can continually improve their abilities and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and techniques in the industry.
Our company places importance on positive energy and fosters a positive work culture. The salon’s leaders are committed to supporting employees on their career journeys. They provide guidance and encouragement to help individuals achieve their goals.
MaJi Hair Design operates in a fast-paced salon environment, making it suitable for individuals who enjoy staying busy and working as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve salon goals
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to business needs
- Reliable and available to work various schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- New Jersey licensed cosmetologist or valid permit
- Desire to learn and be a part of a team
- Excellent work ethic
- Passion for the beauty industry
- Demonstrates care to each & every client
- Full and part time hours available
- Must be able to multitask
Main Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Mixing color
- Shampooing guests
- Welcoming and greeting guests
- Offering refreshments
- Cleaning stations
- Answering phone
- Preparing clients for their stylist
- Maintaining salon appearance- sweeping, cleaning, laundry, restocking products, washing color bowls, etc.
- A willingness to learn, grow, and accept coaching and feedback
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Opportunities for advancement
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Cosmetology License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person